Anything & Everything!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/20/2016 11:47 am  #1

Rebel Galaxy Talk

Here we go Kwik. I made a new forum for it too and any specific games we want to talk about if they come up.

1/20/2016 12:42 pm  #2

Re: Rebel Galaxy Talk

Cool. Thanks.

I currently have the Leech Missiles equipped on the Tennhausen along with the Korian Vridian laser, a mining laser, and a particle cannon. I like how the lasers pick off the fighters, so I doubt I'll adjust them. They can just take out whatever is around them. I might adjust the Leech Missiles to just Capital Ships though. Honestly, I want to replace them completely, but until I do, that might be best.

1/20/2016 12:45 pm  #3

Leech missiles slow down the ship and lower shields?

1/20/2016 12:50 pm  #4

Yup. They're also self-tracking.

1/20/2016 12:52 pm  #5

Nice, I might have to get those. I am sure those are good for much bigger ships.
I agree, I love the lasers for taking out fighter ships and smaller ones. Takes them out in a few seconds.

1/20/2016 1:00 pm  #6

I don't take any laser that has less than 100% shield penetration. There's the particle laser which seems pretty powerful, but it only does 30% shield damage. Though I imagine if you combine it with something like the Vridian laser, the cumulative effect could be incredible. 

It's interesting to experiment with different combos.

1/20/2016 3:10 pm  #7

Itching to get back and play some tonight Kwik. Game is perfect to come home to and unwind. It's real easy to play even if you only have 30 minutes or so.

1/20/2016 4:12 pm  #8

Agreed. I have stuff to get to, but I'd like to sit down to an hour of it at least tonight. But I'm hanging with the Tennhausen as long as I can. So I can blow all my credits on upgrades or save them for later.

1/20/2016 5:26 pm  #9

How long is this game?  Does it have a point (a main story) or is it just the fun of being an in open world?

1/20/2016 7:18 pm  #10

I think if you just did main story it takes 15-20 hrs is what I saw.

1/21/2016 9:03 am  #11

There's a main story. Your estranged smuggler aunt has disappeared and left you with an alien artifact in your charge. So you go around interacting with different people (via ship or space station) to track her down and determine what the artifact is.

1/21/2016 9:12 am  #12

I got into a couple tough scraps last night, but held up well overall. In one battle I drifted into a swarm of missile corvettes and was pummeled down to a hull integrity of 20%. I'm maxed out on current technology. I either need to advance the story, do something for the Merchants Guild, or jump to the next system. 

1/21/2016 1:17 pm  #13

Nice! I would say you are ready for the next area. The main quest should take you there. I am doing side missions right now for money to upgrade my ship.

1/21/2016 1:43 pm  #14

We're officially getting a blizzard here. Looks like plenty of time to play on Saturday.

1/21/2016 2:57 pm  #15

Sweet sounds like a good gaming day!

1/21/2016 3:23 pm  #16

I've noticed the Korian pirates utilize a lot of Scarab ships. Those are fairly decent ships. They cost almost 200,000 credits from what I've seen.

1/21/2016 3:28 pm  #17

Yeah they do. I will eventually get a Barracuda when I can I think.

I put Spotify on with an epic music play list. Pretty sweet playing this game to that. I feel so epic!

1/21/2016 3:45 pm  #18

I like the country guitar they chose as the soundtrack. It's like electric Western-style.

1/22/2016 8:15 am  #19

I like the sound track too. Just want to mix it up.
Tried playing with headphones last night and makes the experience more immersive.
Building up my ship still and eventually get a new one. Some of the missions are paying $40,000 or more which is nice.

1/22/2016 8:19 am  #20

I upgraded to the MK2 Mining Laser last night so now I have all MK2 stuff, which is the max for the current stage of the game. I also picked up the Bouncing Deflector shields which have the same damage resistance as the regular MK2, but they have a chance to have projectiles bounce off them and do damage to nearby enemies. The only trade-off is a slightly lower drain time.

I also hired Sikka as my mercenary. She cost 16,000 credit, so she'd better be worth it.

1/22/2016 8:21 am  #21

Yep very much worth it, especially for someone that helps you everywhere and never dies. I would pay twice as much

1/22/2016 8:55 am  #22

They can't die, but they can leave you without your controlling it. One fight I heard Garris say he was bailing out and then he wasn't with me anymore. He's still alive and I can hire him again, but they're not permanent. They can disappear. Just FYI.

1/22/2016 9:00 am  #23

kwikfingers wrote:

They can't die, but they can leave you without your controlling it. One fight I heard Garris say he was bailing out and then he wasn't with me anymore. He's still alive and I can hire him again, but they're not permanent. They can disappear. Just FYI.

They retreat but they don't need to be rehired. They come back to the fight after a minute or so

1/22/2016 9:06 am  #24

I'm talking something completely different. Garris said he had to "bail out" as in, his ship was destroyed. I didn't actively fire him in any way.

1/22/2016 9:53 am  #25

I assume this game is SP only because the galaxy is procedurally-generated?  It seems like it would be awesome as a co-op game specifically.  Like one person is a gunner and one person is the navigator or something.

1/22/2016 10:31 am  #26

Yeah just single player. I just died on a mission. Haven't done that in awhile. Facing this new Faction that is somewhat tough.
Almost there for Icarus.
Coop would be sweet

1/22/2016 11:16 am  #27

I have the Icarus. It's not that impressive. Save your money.

1/22/2016 11:20 am  #28

kwikfingers wrote:

I have the Icarus. It's not that impressive. Save your money.

Even with 7 turrets?

1/22/2016 11:29 am  #29

Oh nvm I am saving for the Scarab. It can have 7 turrets. I got confused ha. I already had the Icarus early on. Only about $20,000 from Scarab

1/22/2016 11:32 am  #30

This sounds like a game for compensating for small penis size.

My ship has 47 turrets!  I'm the baddest dude in the galaxy!

Board footera