Anything & Everything!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/15/2017 9:55 am  #1261

Re: Political Talk: aka Why Are We the Only Ones Who Get It?

Why does anyone listen to Steve Bannon? Since when does he have this power to go pick candidates and run them against the establishment?

12/15/2017 10:02 am  #1262

You're asking questions I'll never know the answers to.  It's not dissimilar to wondering why Charles Manson was somehow charismatic enough to get a cult to follow him.  What's the secret?  And why can't I have that same salesmanship get my OWN cult?  Not fair!

12/15/2017 1:43 pm  #1263

12/15/2017 1:49 pm  #1264

Can Trump pardon himself?

12/15/2017 2:43 pm  #1265

LegalEagle80 wrote:

Can Trump pardon himself?

There was a hilarious meme a few months ago.

“Can I pardon myself?” With trump looking like he’s searching for an answer.  Then it closed with “asking for a friend”

12/15/2017 4:28 pm  #1266

Your racist uncles will be sharing this on a Facebook page near you:

https://deadspin.com/today-in-fake-sports-news-jacksonville-jaguars-declare-1821318291

12/15/2017 5:41 pm  #1267

LegalEagle80 wrote:

Your racist uncles will be sharing this on a Facebook page near you:

https://deadspin.com/today-in-fake-sports-news-jacksonville-jaguars-declare-1821318291

Uh huh, tell me more, Kosovo-based, totally legit sources!

It both infuriates me and amuses me that there’s such a wide spectrum of intelligence within the human experience.

12/18/2017 7:48 am  #1268

LastOfJos wrote:

It both infuriates me and amuses me that there’s such a wide spectrum of intelligence within the human experience.

Same. I wouldn't consider myself stupid, but I'm far from a genius as well. Still, I try to possess at least a modicum of self-awareness and general knowledge to be an independent, functional human being. That basic principle seems to wholly escape a majority of the global population.

12/18/2017 3:07 pm  #1269

12/18/2017 4:07 pm  #1270

Again, this does not assuage my suspicion that a civil war is brewing.

12/18/2017 4:21 pm  #1271

12/19/2017 7:35 am  #1272

They're plan on simplifying the form and just changing the terms to "boy" and "Hey you".

12/19/2017 8:56 am  #1273

Ugh, they have also removed “slant eyes” as a race selection

12/19/2017 10:53 am  #1274

LastOfJos wrote:

Ugh, they have also removed “slant eyes” as a race selection

You can still check off "yellow bastard", so you'll be fine.

12/19/2017 1:07 pm  #1275

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--tp78OC84--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/he23syuk4qudxlhmhhaw.jpg

12/19/2017 1:25 pm  #1276

You are a heartless bastard and part of this whole problem! By displaying even a shred of a sense of humor towards it, that automatically means you support rape!! 

12/19/2017 2:51 pm  #1277

So I think one of the strongest points of the tax plan that’s going to be signed into law before Christmas is it converts the US corporate tax regime from a global system to a territorial system.

Territorial system is the universal healthcare of taxation policies, in that the US is alone amongst OECD peers in having a global system.

That, plus the lowering of the corporate tax rate to closer to that of OECD average are two huge wins.

It’s all the other complete horseshit they have tacked into this bill that makes it garbage legislation in aggregate.  They shouldn’t be touching anything to do with personal taxes. Perhaps levying more taxes on rich folks to help offset corporate tax cuts.

12/19/2017 2:59 pm  #1278

Jesus Christ, man!! Don't you realize that now corporations are going to just open their doors and triple their salaries because of all the money they're saving?? That's how it works!! Those guys would never hoard it back into their company via additional stock purchases and executive compensation. 

The #taxscam is #fakenews!!!!

12/19/2017 3:07 pm  #1279

Haha, aye, this bill has no hopes of expanding opportunity for workers, but it does set up US corporations to continue their world-beating investment return profile.

12/19/2017 4:38 pm  #1280

Anyone else think Disney's Hall of Presidents actually made a Hillary model and then had to go back and change it?  Look at this!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRai1PaUIAI67Y_.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRaY4pyW4AAOrSY.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRa0oGhWsAE21UT.jpg:large

12/19/2017 6:07 pm  #1281

Can’t see all the photos, but probably, Legal.

I’m just saying, the tax bill isn’t universally bad, consistent with how reality is rarely only one side of the coin.  There are, ahem, “many sides” to this bill.

12/19/2017 11:18 pm  #1282

It's a shitty bill.  Let's not console ourselves that it isn't as draconian as that which we expected.  You could have simply cut taxes on the broke citizenry and still not lost as much as these corporate cuts cost.

Fuck me, has no one read Shadowrun?  Next thing you know,  were not only gonna have to deal with corporate overlords, but there will be dwarves and weird computer shit involved as well.

12/20/2017 7:34 am  #1283

Wow. That is some active trolling from the Disney Imagineers right there.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRaY4pyW4AAOrSY.jpg

12/20/2017 11:50 am  #1284

That's Chris Christie's body and Hillary's face.  Those hands are also twice as big as they are in real life.

12/20/2017 1:24 pm  #1285

Anyone get their raise yet since the bill passed?  I'm still waiting, I assume it'll be after lunch.

12/20/2017 1:42 pm  #1286

I'm now too rich to talk to you fools since the bill passed. I do like to keep in contact with the little people though, so I'll hang around to condescend and pontificate.

12/20/2017 1:50 pm  #1287

This is crazy now.  The woman isn't President and isn't an elected official.  It's basically harassment at this point.  Why can't anyone stop talking about Hillary Clinton?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/19/politics/hillary-clinton-gallup-favorability/index.html

12/20/2017 1:53 pm  #1288

I'm beginning to wish she never existed at this point. I never liked her enough to care if she's alive or dead.

12/20/2017 3:06 pm  #1289

When I have my performance review in January I’m going to inquire about my tax-cut wage increase which was part of the deal Trump made to MAGA.

Wage increases were conditional on lower tax rates right?!   Guys?!?   Crickets?!?  Bueller?!?

12/20/2017 3:07 pm  #1290

Same here.  I never think about her.  She's as anonymous as any other previous politician.  She's female Howard Dean.

Board footera